Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sierra Nevada: Tumbler (American Brown Ale) 5.5%


Drank From: bottle, poured into a pint 


I've had Tumbler several times this fall. I think I was enjoying this more a month or two ago. I am over the fall varieties of beer. It's weird how you look forward to different types of beer, when just a couple of them can satisfy your craving for an entire year. Don't get me wrong, this beer is really good. It's very dark brown, and pours with a great head on top that lasts. I like that it is nutty, but not overly sweet or brown sugary. It reminded me of Newcastle, but even better. This beer was released this year in lieu of Anniversary Ale, to avoid confusion with their quarterly releases of their 30th Anniversary series. I'll be ready to tackle another six pack of this come next fall. 


http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/140/60420
My Rating: A/4.45

No comments: