Friday, November 5, 2010

Olde Mecklenburg: Bauern Bock (Dopplebock) 7.5%

Drank From: on-tap


Admittedly, bock is not my favorite style of beer, and apparently not dopplebock either. There is something for everyone when it comes to beer, and this just isn't what I'm after. Right now there is a guy in Charlotte drinking Bauern Bock from a "shtine", contemplating the injustice of the 16 oz. "pint"...and loving this beer.

I had it on-site, which brings you half way to enjoyment if you ask me. It poured dark amber, and smelled very sweet. Not surprisingly, it was sweet. It had strong malt, dare I say malt liquor, flavor. There was some lacing, little head to speak of...blah blah blah, Copper is better.

I am a huge fan of the idea of fresh local beer. I am a huge fan of Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. As previously noted, Copper altbier suits my fancy. No secrets here, I prefer ale over lager. 

If you like Spatan Optimator, you will like this. I would actually say that Bauern Bock is less pungent than Optimator, making it more drinkable.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/19247/62576
My Rating: B/3.65

No comments: