Friday, November 5, 2010

Highland: Kashmir IPA (American IPA) 5.6%

Drank From: bottle, poured into a pint glass





Let's be honest, this looked like IPA when poured. I tried really hard to smell something significant, to the point of aspirating some foam, and I found that it just wasn't all that fragrant. Oh, my notes say "feet smell"...so there you go. This beer had kind of a dirty/metallic taste to it. I wondered how similar it would be if I put the bottle cap in my mouth and followed that by a swig of the sauce. Obviously I tried it; obviously, the beer was better.

So this was bitter and not sweet, which I like as a variety. It isn't my favorite IPA, and I probably wouldn't try it again until I had the opportunity to have it on-tap. Highland Brewing Co. hails from Ashville, NC. What is the point of enjoying craft beer if you can't find something to appreciate about the local folk?



http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/811/6372
My Rating: C+/3.1

No comments: