Saturday, November 20, 2010

Great Lakes: Christmas Ale (Winter Warmer) 7.5%


Drank From: bottle, poured into a tulip glass


I look forward to this beer because of its specific focus on Christmas. It's even called Christmas Ale, as opposed to a more generic, wimp out name...*cough*...Celebration. The extreme spice and sweetness in this beer makes you feel like you should be wearing a cable knit sweater with a winteresque scene. At the very least, I like to imagine the silent majesty of a winter's morn...the clean, cool chill of holiday air...


It pours brown, almost red. It has really nice head. I taste honey, ginger and cinnamon. It's transparency almost reminds me of a lager. I will say, although it does not taste boozy for being a higher ABV, this is a one bottler. I cannot see my self wanting more than 12oz of this taste...I am asking for more hops this beer.


http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/73/1576
My Rating: B+/3.95

No comments: