Thursday, November 11, 2010

Rogue: Dead Guy Ale (Helles Bock) 6.5%


Drank From: bottle, poured into a pint glass





…The KING of beer, quickly approaching $13 a six pack. If you haven’t had this beer then you must be a bigoted beer hermit who won’t put down the Old Milwaukee. You have no class and would like too see all craft beer reduced to Sam Adams and Blue Moon. OK, seriously, it’s pretty good. But I don’t know if I agree with its preceding rep. It has a take on ale similar to how Widmer Brothers Drifter is surprisingly fruity.


@ the Sellout Police and the guy at the grocery store who branded Widmer Bros. as Such, I am not interested in your displeasure with people wanting to make money. This is America, and you are probably a communist. Go listen to the Clash and congratulate yourself.


So anyway, Dead Guy Ale reminded me of wine, but not for all of the bad reasons. I narrowed down that nomad thought to—grape taste. It had all of the accompanying beer pleasures: hops, carbonation, general sense of being awesome, etc.


http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/132/355
My Rating: B+/3.75

No comments: