Thursday, May 26, 2011

Two Brothers: Resistance IPA (American IPA) 6.9%

Drank From: bottle, poured into a pint glass

This pours light orange and has a decent foamy head and good lacing. The smell is very hoppy and citrusy. The flavor was shockingly hoppy and grapefruity. I even taste pineapple. There is a nicely combined bitterness and sweetness. I feel like this beer is a breath of fresh air; it takes that craving that you seek in a really citrusy IPA and maximizes it. I hate to say it…it’s almost too fruity, making it hard to identify any malt. However, this is a great beer with a peculiar tanginess. I haven’t had a lot of Two Brothers, but from what I’ve tried so far, I’ve been blindsided by their approach to uniqueness. I am looking forward to the Long Haul Session Ale

My Rating: B+/3.78

No comments: