Sunday, January 16, 2011

Lakefront: Organic ESB (Extra Special/Strong Bitter) 5.42%

Drank From: bottle, poured into a pint glass

I will admit that the whole ESB genre is a newer find for me. I just started taking interest in them. Having just had Greenman's version, which was hoppy and flavor packed, I may have been expecting the same with this Organic ESB. It is, in no way, similar...they are both beer. This beer pours cloudy copper and has a nice foamy head that lasts a little longer than the other beers form this brewery. The nose is fruit and caramel; I can definitely expect some sweetness if the smells are indicative at all. Not the case. This beer is pleasantly bitter and mild. It is smooth and drinkable, one of the easiest drinkers that I've had to date. I really felt like I was having an iced tea...if iced tea had a delicious malt aftertaste. The medium body and crispness make this enjoyable throughout.



My Rating: B+/3.85

No comments: