Friday, April 8, 2011

Victory: Helios (Saison/Farmhouse Ale)

Drank From: bomber, poured into a pint glass

Pours pale, hazy yellow with active foamy head and some sediment…virtually no lacing. The appearance reminds me a wheat beer. The smell is yeasty and has that bottle aged Belgium smell that stings your nose. The flavor is similar to wheat beer, but this is super crisp and fruity. The down side is that it has the mucky aftertaste that I don’t love about wheat beer. Previously I haven’t noticed beer tasting like lemongrass, but this beer really does have that lemon/herbal grassiness. The body is really light, even at a 7.5% ABV. This is something that I could have a few of easily. When super cold, this is refreshing goodness. For being pretty similar in style (vaguely), I prefer Oberon from Bell’s Brewery. 

My Rating: B/3.68

No comments: