Friday, April 1, 2011

New Belgium: Pale Ale (APA) 6%

Drank From: bottle, poured into a pint glass

Mighty Arrow pours a hazy light copper with active bubbles and two fingers of head. There is some moderate lacing, and the head sticks around like on an IPA…so the appearance is great. The nose is slightly hoppy and malty. The taste is very smooth and well rounded with a warming/bitter flavor that reminds me of a winter warmer;  there is a nice crisp bite to this as well. I was expecting something more fresh and hoppy, but was surprised to find a more dirty and malty taste with some herbal spiciness. This is a late winter/earlier spring seasonal (for me) because it lacks the refreshing qualities of a typical spring or summer seasonal. This is a solid beer though, I’d love to try it on tap. 

My Rating: B+/3.8

No comments: