Saturday, February 5, 2011

Olde Hickory: Death By Hops (American Double/Imperial IPA) 7.0%

Drank From: bottle, poured into a pint glass

This is a perfect example of a smaller brewery putting out a product that is fine if you are already a fan. It is probably fun to go to the brewery and have a fresh IPA from the tap room. However, I just can't say that this beer has the well-rounded qualities that are evident in beers from bigger operations. The appearance was not memorable and I thought that it was a little harsh and dirty in flavor. If you want hops, look no further. It's almost as if they garnish it with hops just before serving it.  It took me a while to put this one down, but I would like to give Olde Hickory another shot. I love trying local stuff!

My Rating: B-/3.45

No comments: